- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cloves garlic (see post on “How To Cut Garlic”) either minced or pressed
- 1/4 c. purple onion, chopped fine
- 1 t. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce (I used Bertolli, because for the most part, they are GF – but always read the label)
- Fiesta-blend cheese or any grated cheese your prefer
- Several leaves of your favorite lettuce (I used a purple leafed butter lettuce) chopped finely
- salsa (I used verde salsa)
- Taco shells
- After draining the grease off of the hamburger meat, add the garlic, onion, Cajun Seasoning, and spaghetti sauce. Cook until it’s like taco meat normally is.
- Remove from heat and spoon into taco shells. Add lettuce and cheese. May add numerous optional ingredients, sour cream, guacamole, let your imagination go.
There you have it – a new take on an old favorite.