- 1 1/2 c. gf flour mix #1
- 1 stick butter
- 4-6 T. cold water
- In a large mixing bowl cut butter into flour until the size of small peas or lentils.
- Add water and mix thoroughly.
- If you can roll it out, go for it. I am completely incapable of using a rolling pin for cooking. It always sticks to the pin, the cookie cutter or whatever. So, I press it into the bottom of the pie pan.
- Bake at 425 for 8 minutes.
Note: I have tried using other flours, but for some reason they don’t turn out flaky and light. Also, they go hard quickly. So I stick with this, even though it’s a bit sticky.
- 2 pints blueberries (4 cups)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 c. coconut sugar
- 2 T. honey
- 1/4 c. flour
- Check all of the blueberries to make sure there are no stems.
- Combine all ingredients and stir well. Put in pie crust.
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1/4 shortening or butter, warm
Since I cannot make a rolled crust, I cannot make a top crust. So years ago I invented this crust to make it pretty and yummy and taking into account my own failings.
- Microwave the butter and sugar together
- Stir well and add the floor.
- Spoon on top of the blueberries in the crust.
Bake all of it at 425 for 50 minutes.