I love rotisserie chicken, however, I am getting pickier and pickier about the quality of meat I use. I’d rather have a meal sans meat, than put substandard meat in me. I definitely question the quality of the chickens they use on the rotisseries, so voila! A homemade version.
- Tamari Soy Sauce (I use San-J organic)
- Worcestershire Sauce II use Lea and Perrins, the generics I have used have been substandard)
- Ginger powder
- olive oil
- Get out you turkey roaster.
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Rub soy sauce on the bottom of the chicken and roaster.
- Pour soy sauce on chicken, enough that the skin is brown.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce on chicken.
- If needed, pour more soy sauce.
- Sprinkle ginger liberally on chicken.
- Rub sage on chicken.
- Bake at 275 for about 2 hours or until a meat thermometer says 160.
Reserve the sauce and drippings. Once you eat the chicken, you can start a bone soup and use it as part of the base.