I love Tofu IF it is cooked right. However, it can be hard for Americans to get it right. Sometimes it’s hard for people from Asia. But this is an awesome recipe. Note: Always use organic when it comes to soy products, because they are non-GMO.
Baked Tofu Bites
- 16 oz. extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 c. Tamari Soy Sauce (e.g. GF) San-J Organic is what I use
- 2 T. maple syrup (I was actually out the last time I made these so I used blueberry syrup)
- 2 T. Ketchup
- 1 T. rice vinegar (yes, you can substitute what you have)
- dash Sriracha
- 1 T. sesame seeds (I was out the last time so I used sesame oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed (you can substitute 1 t. garlic powder)
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1 t. liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Oil a pan (or use non-stick spray but I prefer actual oil)
- Cut tofu in 1″ pieces. Drain excess water. Be careful, tofu is fragile.
- Mix other ingredients. Pour over tofu. Let marinate a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Turn tofu over. Bake another 15 minutes.
Note: If you want the bites crispier, pour the excess marinade off before cooking.