Yes, I’ve been back to experimenting. I have lowered the calories in Bisquick.
- 1/4 c. Bisquick
- 1/4 + 2 T. coconut, almond or soy milk
- 1 1/2 t. egg replacer
- 1 t. extract (I’ve used vanilla or almond so far)
- 1 t. maple syrup
- 1 t. oil (grapeseed or olive or something healthy)
- Mix ingredients together. Spoon onto griddle or into frying pan. Cook like regular pancakes.
- You may have to add a little water to get to the right consistency. It all depends upon the humidity. If you’re not comfortable with that, just go with the recipe.
Calories: 220 for one serving.
When you add your toppings you will of course add calories. For the picture above I took 1 T. pecan butter and 1/8 of a cup of maple syrup and had a yummy breakfast.