As I’,m sure you are aware, I am single. I live with three dogs and a cat. My dogs are Bailey, Skylar and Callie and my cat is Luna. So, I try to make one person meals as much as possible since I’m not crazy about traditional leftovers. So today I decided to cook a batch of rice and over the next several days I will make numerous meals with rice. Works for me.
- 3/4 c. rice, cooked (in the picture above I used half black rice and half white rice)
- 1 egg
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1 t. sesame oil
- 2 T. soy sauce, GF ( I used San-J Organic Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce)
- 1 t. barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/4 c. mushrooms, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c. frozen peas (still frozen – they only take a few minutes to unfreeze)
- few drops or more sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Put the olive oil in a pan. Heat the oil.
- Break the egg in a bowl and mix it together with a fork or a whisk.
- Fry the egg like scrambled eggs. When it’s cooked, remove from pan and keep separate. If you don’t do this your egg will be covered in soy sauce and not pretty.
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, water, mushrooms, green onion, peas, and garlic to the pan. Saute. Add the rice. (You can also add carrots but I forgot).
- Cook 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Add the egg and sriracha sauce.