I know, this is probably too elementary, but just in case, I thought I’d share what I’ve been doing. It’s also close to a Panini, which is something that I have missed. And yes, I used meat (mea culpa). Sometimes you just want the meat.
- Meat (totally optional, this can be used for a grilled cheese sandwich)
- Cheese (at least 2 pieces)
- GF Bread (I like Udi’s Soft and Hearty Whole Grain Bread)
- On a griddle (or in a pan) fry the meat.
- Butter both sides of the bread and brown on one side.
- When one side is browned turn the bread and add cheese.
- Add the meat to one side of the bread.
- When the cheese is melted put the piece with just cheese on the piece with the meat, carefully lining up the bread.