Admittedly, this is just doubling my recipe for Chocolate Rum Cake (Vegan) and I was doubling it. However, cooking time had to be increased, along with I invented a new icing (which is yum). So I decided for those of you who want a larger cake, here it is.
- 2 1/2 c. Gluten Free Flour Mix #1
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2/3 c. cocoa
- 4 t. vanilla (which is 1 T and 1 t)
- 2 t. baking soda
- 2/3 c. oil
- 2 T. vinegar
- 1 c. warm water
- 1 1/2 c. rum (I used 90 proof Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Coconut Rum)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except for the rum. You can modify the sugars if you want. This is what I used by default, I didn’t have enough white sugar or coconut sugar to do it any other way.
- Mix the dough with a mixer until it is thoroughly mixed. It will be almost like a bread batter thickness – it’s definitely too thick for a cake, but I want it thick so that when I let it cool and pour the rum on it it will absorb. Spread in an 10×13 cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Set a timer and do not look at it.
- Let cool. I tend to be in a hurry and stick it in the freezer for 30 minutes or so. The cake has to be cool or the alcohol will evaporate.
- Poke holes in the cake with a toothpick. Pull the cake away from the sides to allow the rum to soften the corners.
- Pour rum over cake.
- Let sit overnight. Ice with Cream Cheese Whipped Frosting.
Put mixing bowls and mixing attachments in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- 1/2 c. rum (I used 90 proof Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Coconut Rum)
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 of an 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 T white sugar
- 1 1/2 T. almond extract
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Whip until it is whipped and smooth. Ice cake.