- 1 c. almond milk
- 1 t. vinegar
- 1/4 c. tapioca starch
- 1/2 c. sorghum flour
- 1 c. almond flour
- 3/4 t. baking powder
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. almond extract
- 1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix the almond milk and vinegar together. Let stand for five minutes to make a “buttermilk.”
- In the meantime, sift the dry ingredients together. I should have done this but I don’t have a sifter so I’m SOL. I also should have used a mixer but I didn’t think about it. Next time. Maybe.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients with the buttermilk.
- Pour the buttermilk mix into the dry mix or vice versa (I did the former but I don’t think it matters all that much).
- This is where I should have used my mixer. Oh well, next time.
- Line a muffin pan with liners and fill 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes. Check with a toothpick or a knife or whatever you usually use to determine if something is fully cooked.
NOTE: Cocoa powder is vegan. It is only when it is processed as milk chocolate or other types of chocolate.
More Notes: It is moist and rich so it is really good. Since it is vegan and doesn’t even have processed sugar in it, I think it is beyond wonderful.