I love grilled cheese but after I became gluten-free it took me awhile to have one. I would however go in restaurants and lust after their grown-up grilled cheese. But then I began making my own and they are so yummy.
The ingredients are so-o-o simple:
- Cheese – I used smoked gouda, chipotle cheddar, swiss and provolone (one of each kind).
- Heat your griddle up (or frying pan).
- Butter both sides of your bread. (I have begun keeping a glass bowl in the refrigerator with previously melted butter to remelt, so that I can just brush it on and save calories).
- Brown one side and turn with a spatula.
- Add cheese.
- When it melts put one side on the other. I always try to line it up because once you put melted cheese on another piece of melted cheese, it’s over.
- Slice as desired and enjoy.