This is a healthy cold meal for those hot days of summer.
- 1 c. uncooked quinoa
- 2 1/2 c. cold water
- 1/3 c. red onion, diced
- 2/3 c. cucumber, diced
- 3/4 c. tomato, diced
- 3 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 1/2 T. olive oil
- juice of 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
- 1 T. red wine vinegar (or vinegar of your choice)
- 1/2 t. salt (optional)
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- Cook quinoa. I cook mine the day before or early in the morning, the day I prepare this recipe. It is a chilled salad, so it needs to be cold.
- When you are ready to cook it, fluff with fork and add onion, cucumber, tomato, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon into avocados. Serve chilled
Note: Since I live alone and this makes a lot of Quinoa Salad, I was getting bored, so I went back to the recipe-board.
Slice the avocado and put on plate. Mix Quinoa Salad with your favorite sauce (I used Paula Deen’s Vidalia Onion Peach Sauce) and served on top of the avocado.