As we know, I love fried eggplant. But obviously, I’m not going to eat an entire eggplant in one meal (unless it is the meal). So, I fried it all and saved the leftovers for Eggplant Parmesan. I even invited a friend for dinner and she loved it.
- About 1/2 an eggplant, fried in slices (see my recipe for Fried Eggplant.)
This is the first layer with provolone. Don’t worry about how it looks at this stage – go for coverage. It will be covered and melted and no one will be the wiser.
- Mozarella Cheese
- Provolone Cheese (optional)
- Marinara Sauce of your choice (I used Bertolli Vodka Sauce – we can argue whether or not it is GF later, I can argue both ways)
- Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put a layer of eggplant in a baking dish. Add cheese. This is where I used the provolone, but you can opt to use the mozzarella if you like.
- Add another layer of eggplant. If this is your final layer (as it was mine) then add the Bertolli Vodka Sauce and then mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350.
This is before baking